How I Did New York In 4 Days

How I Did New York In 4 Days - Dreams and Colour Schemes

Along with Paris, London and Rome, New York is one of those staple cities that appears on every man and his dog's bucket list. I know it's certainly been on mine for a very long time, so when the opportunity came along for me to take a whirlwind trip to The Big Apple mid way through my holiday in Chicago, I grabbed it with both hands. I took the 2 hour plane journey from Chicago O'Hare to New York's LaGuardia airport on the Saturday morning for a 3 night stay in Times Square, returning to Chicago on Tuesday evening. This left me with 2 full days and 2 half days to experience as much of New York as I could possibly squeeze in. It was a task, and my feet didn't thank me one single bit, but here's how I saw the big city in 4 days...

Day 1
  • Travel to New York from Chicago
  • Rockefeller Center (Top Of The Rock)
  • Central Park
  • Times Square (where our hotel was!)


Day 2
  • Boat trip around the island
  • 9/11 museum and memorial
  • Empire State Building


Day 3
  • Museum of Modern Art (this warranted more or less an entire day! You can check out my post about it here)


Day 4
  • American Museum of Natural History 
  • Metropolitan Art Museum
  • Travel back to Chicago


I never thought being back in Chicago would feel like a 'break', but it really did after that weekend! It seems that when in New York, some kind of invisible urge drives you on and on, but my feet were just about ready to drop off by the time I got onto the plane. I'd love to make a more lengthy trip to New York in the future so that I can explore the city in more depth, but I'm happy I was able to pack so much into my first bite of The Big Apple.

What are your favourite spots in New York? Or what's on your wish list? What should I check out if I get the chance to go again? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Post a Comment