Summer 2015: Highlights & Photo Diary


Summer seems to have slipped away without so much as a goodbye here in the UK. I'm noticing the evenings draw in and the temperature has dropped noticeably over the past week or so. I thought that before I start university, it'd be the perfect time to look back on my favourite memories from the summer and share some photographs of what I've been up to.

Gigs - When summer rolls around, I get very excited because it only means one thing - the season of outdoor concerts! Outdoor venues create a whole new 'festival like' atmosphere to a gig and they're probably my favourite way to see a band. Just as I broke up for summer at the end of May I saw Foo Fighters perform at Manchester's Old Trafford cricket ground (yeah - this was before Dave Grohl went and broke his leg!). A week later I saw Courteeners at their huge homecoming gig in Heaton Park.


Glastonbury - After managing to bag tickets last October, I headed to my first ever Glastonbury Festival in June. I've done plenty of festivals before, but Glasto is definitely the 'big one' and it really was like nothing I have ever experienced before. I had an absolute blast and it lived up to every expectation and more! 









Chicago and New York - For the past year, my dad has been living in Chicago for work and over the summer I finally got the opportunity to visit him. I spent 2 weeks out there and during that time I was also able to squeeze in a long weekend in New York! I'd never visited either of these major US cities before so I packed in a whole lot of sight seeing, gallery visits and other touristy bits and bobs during my trip. 





Manchester Jazz Festival - I have posted about this a couple of times before so I won't bore you with the details again, but having my painting chosen to front Manchester Jazz Festival's marketing campaign this year was a really special part of my summer. You can read about that here and here if you want to know more!


So those are the things that really stand out in my memories of this summer. Since I will now be moving away from my home city for university, I have really enjoyed taking this summer break as an opportunity to make the most out of my last few months at home. I have some great memories to take with me on my new adventure in London.

While I'm on the topic of university, I hate writing 'pre-apologies' but I'd just like to add that I'm sorry if my blogging schedule goes a bit off over the next few weeks. I'm going to be settling into a whole new routine and adjusting to life away from home and from my family and friends. I'm hoping to stick to posting at least once a week on a Wednesday but please understand if it doesn't all go exactly to plan!

What were your summer 2015 highlights? I'd love to hear about them in the comments, or link me to any posts you've done showing what you've been up to!

Post a Comment