10 Things I Learnt In My First Year At University


So I found this post while browsing through my drafts. I had almost finished it but clearly forgot all about it and it never got published. Though it's been about four months since I finished my first year at university, I thought it might be nice to put this post out anyway since there's a lot of people just beginning their time at university around about now. So, here's the post that got lost...

You know when you're a child and a school year seems to last an eternity? Well it seems those days are well and truly over because I can't quite believe that my first year of university is almost finished! It doesn't seem all that long ago that I was in a state of combined panic and excitement to be moving to London as a fresher. I think the first year of university is one of those times in life when things change at such rapid pace that you end up learning a lot about lot very quickly! Today I'm going to list a few things that I've learnt in the past year.

1. The North/South competitiveness is REAL
2. First year might not technically count, but it really does count (take the opportunity to learn as much as you can!)

3. Design without communication is simply decoration
4. You get out what you put in
5. Putting on a fresh duvet sheet in a tiny bedroom single handedly is no easy task
6. Some people will just never clean up, no matter how nicely you ask them
7. Cooking from scratch is actually much cheaper than buying ready meals or takeaway
8. Freshers week is all show and no substance
9. The tube is good - but the night bus is the real hero of London's transport network
10. University goes by WAY too quickly


What lessons did you learn while at university?

Follow

Post a Comment