My 2016 Blogging Goals


2015 was my first full year of blogging, and I feel like this space has come such a long way from what it was just twelve months ago. Aside from making me cringe a little, looking back on my old posts makes me proud when I see how much my content has improved. I'm feeling optimistic about 2016 too, and so I've set myself some blogging goals to help me push it even further...

Improve my consistency 
Throughout 2015 my general goal has been to post at least once a week. Compared to other bloggers this is fairly modest, however I don't want to commit to something that I personally cannot realistically achieve on a regular basis. In 2015 I published a total of 59 posts meaning that by average I have achieved my aim of one per week - but in reality I haven't always been as consistent as that. Now that the holidays are done and dusted I really want to get back into the swing of a blog schedule. As a mini goal to go along with this, I want to start using an editorial calendar to help me plan ahead.

Comment on more blogs
In the coming year I really want to make an active effort to comment more on other peoples blogs more often. I read plenty of posts, but I don't interact as much as I would like to with the lovely people who are writing those posts. As a blogger I truly look forward to reading any comments I get and so it's only fair that I contribute to this sense of community.

Up my photography game
Pretty self explainatory really, who doesn't want to improve the images on their blog? In 2016 not only would I like to learn more about my camera, I want to work on my own distinct style of blog images.

Reach 250 Bloglovin' followers 
Yep - it's a bit of a jump from where I'm at now! But what's the point in publishing a goal for the whole year without a little ambition right? While numbers certainly aren't the be all and end all of success, I find it motivating to have some sort of figure to work towards.

Reach 1000 Instagram followers 
This has been a goal of mine for some time now but I haven't really been doing a whole lot to help me achieve it for a while. Hopefully making it an official goal in this post will give me the push I need!

Share more of my work
Originally I created this blog as a space to document my creative journey. During the last year the content that I write has evolved and broadened, which is something I am proud of and am happy about. I think it is partly due to this and partly due to my lack of confidence that me sharing my own work regularly has fallen by the wayside a bit. Maybe it's because I don't feel as though anybody would really be interested in it! In 2016 I want to make it one of my goals to share more of my own work, whether it be the finished article, or work in progress.

Take more risks
Now and again there are topics that I think about discussing on this blog, posts that I think about writing which never quite come to fruition. In the coming year I would like to push myself to create more unique content which is personal to me. The last thing I want for this blog is to fall into the trap of imitation.

What are you hoping to achieve with your blog in 2016?

Follow

Post a Comment