My 2017 Goals


So I won't lie, I've been slacking heavily with my blogging recently. I won't go into excuses, but one post I always really enjoy putting on my blog each December/January time is my goals for the year ahead. I find making a conscious effort to write down my specific hopes for the new year makes me feel a whole lot more accountable to making them happen. I've published my resolutions for the past couple of years and I've been so much better at keeping them for doing so. This is what's on my to do list for 2017...

Start Waking Up At 6am

Towards the end of my time in New York, I had to wake up very early in the morning a few times. I actually found that I really enjoyed beginning my day at 6, 5 and sometimes even 4am. I was so much more productive and fulfilled with how I spent the first part of my day. It also meant I got a good few hours of time before anyone else had woken up to have some proper 'me' time. In the new year I'd love to make this part of my daily routine.

Cut processed sugar from my diet

I've talked about my PCOS on my blog before, and I feel so proud to say that it feels like the changes I have made to my lifestyle have really helped get it somewhat under control. But it can be overwhelming sometimes. It feels as though there's more things that I'm not allowed to eat that what I am. I've spent a lot of time researching and the bottom line is that sugar is my main enemy (which sucks because I have a real sweet tooth!). Going totally sugar free is just not realistic for me, but I would like to cut out processed white sugar from my diet. 

Always have a personal project on the go

This is quite an exciting goal for me because I have no idea where it will take me, but this year I'd really love to always be working on something totally separate to my university graphic design work. Something just for me, just because I want to.

Learn basic coding 

Graphic designers are usually expected to have some basic understanding of HTML and CSS, as well as web design. This is a skill I'd love to spend some time teaching myself in 2017, and may be a good use of my extra hours in the morning!

Reach 2000 Instagram followers 

Slightly more superficial goal here, but I really do genuinely enjoy building my Instagram and trying to share great content. If you'd like to help me out with this goal, that would be amazing - come visit me ;) 

Do you have any resolutions for 2017?

Post a Comment