Eight Photos Of Happiness



A while (way too long!) ago, I was tagged by the lovely Megan from Lazy Thoughts  to do the 'Eight Photos of Happiness' tag. As you may know, I moved away for university in September and since most of my photos (especially older ones) are stored on my desktop at home, I've only really just had the chance to go searching for 8 photos that bring back happy memories for me. But without further hold up, today I will be sharing a handful of pictures that make me smile, and the reasons why.

I took the above photograph myself in so called 'Turtle Cove' in St. Thomas, Caribbean. I may not have mentioned this on my blog before but I am actually a trained scuba diver and it has always been on my 'must do' to swim with wild sea turtles. The Caribbean has provided some of the best diving experiences of my life, and this is one I will truly never forget.


This photo of me and my mum was taken in an ice bar on a cruise ship. I love it because it's quite rare for us to get a picture together since my mum is usually the one behind the camera! It's even rarer to get photo which neither of us demand be deleted immediately after!


Glastonbury, Glastonbury, Glastonbury. I'm pretty sure that I am still in the post festival blues period after going to Glasto for the first time in June. I've been to plenty of music festivals in the past but this is certainly the 'big one' and it did not disappoint. It surpassed all of my expectations and I have so many great memories of the weekend.


Ok so by now you've probably noticed a bit of a theme going on. Unintentionally, the majority of the photos I have chosen have something to do with travelling! This one represents my trip to Chicago and New York over the summer. My Dad had been living in Chicago for a year for work and I finally got the opportunity to go and visit - I never expected to love the city as much as I did! Perhaps not a typical holiday destination, I am so glad I got the chance to explore this great city - plus a long weekend in New York didn't go amiss!


I wanted to include this picture as it represents my proudest moment in my creative career so far. I have posted about it before so I won't go into too much detail but basically my painting was chosen to front the marketing campaign of Manchester Jazz Festival's 20th anniversary celebrations. It appeared on billboards around the city, it was pretty surreal but I have chosen this photo out of them all since, who wouldn't love to see their artwork printed onto baked goods, right?!


I am a huge lover of the seaside. There's something about being beside the sea (or even better, in the sea!), on the beach, salty air and waves which just makes my soul happy. I've grown up loving everything nautical, my parents both scuba dived and we spent so much time on the south coast of England. It wouldn't seem right for one of my 'eight photos of happiness' to not be of the thing I love the most! This was taken on Miami Beach, Florida.


Here we are again - another travel photo! This one is of me and my boyfriend in Rome making a wish on the Trevi Fountain. This holiday was over two years ago now and we had so many lovely experiences travelling around the mediterranean - we have just booked to return to Italy again together next summer!


This last photo is tinged with sadness. Since getting my dog Tara at the age of 7, she has been a massive part of my life and I absolutely love her to bits. She is the softest, funniest and most loving pet anyone could wish for and I have infinite happy memories of her. Sadly, last month she passed away at the old age of 13. I was absolutely heart broken, especially since I am now away at uni and didn't have the chance to say a proper goodbye to her. It is unbelievably sad when any pet dies, especially one which you have grown up with. This photo is one of my favourites of her, taken earlier this year on the way to her favourite place in the world - the seaside!

So there's my eight photos! I don't do many tags on my blog but I thought this one was a nice chance to share a bit more about myself and my life, and it's always good to get to know the person behind the blog a bit better - I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to check out Megan's blog as well.

And lastly, I tag... Lauren!

Post a Comment