7 Things I Learnt In My First 7 Days In NYC


Just less than a year ago, I was sat at my laptop writing this very same post about London. I'm no stranger to moving to a new city, and unlike my best friend Hannaah, whom I am on this great New York City adventure with, I'm no stranger to the USA either. But each city I visit, move to or live in has a very unique dynamic and with that comes an adjustment period. Sure, most big cities have some things in common - noise, lack of personal space and an abundance of McDonalds, but there's always new customs, etiquette and lessons to learn along the way. One year ago I began my post by saying "So here they are, the musings of a northerner stuck down south, week one", so without further ado - here they are, the musings of an english girl stuck in the Big Apple, week one.

1. The 'A' paper size system is not a thing in america (8.5 x 11 - what's that all about?)
2. There is an inconceivable amount of Chihuahuas 
3. Horn honking. Horn honking for everything. 
4. Everyone loves Chipotle, and talking about how much they love Chipotle 
5. American "college" students work way harder than university students in the UK
6. Do not walk over those subway grates when wearing a dress
7. New Yorkers really do smack the bonnets of cars that don't stop (it's not just on the movies)

What else should I know about getting by in New York?

Follow

Post a Comment