My BIG News: New York, New York


I have some pretty big news to finally spill in this post. It's been in the making for a while now but it hasn't felt like the right time to blog about it since I wanted it to be 100% official before announcing it here (I feel a bit self obsessed using the word "announcing" by the way). But now my flights are booked, I have accommodation and my visa has been approved, I have come to realise that this is actually happening. So, here goes... I'm going to live in New York City!

As of the 20th August, I will be living and studying in New York with one of my best friends for four months. I can't believe that that's a sentence I can honestly say. We both applied to complete the first semester of our second year of uni at the Fashion Institute of Technology and got accepted! It's just less than a month now before I fly away from everything and everyone I know for the rest of 2016 so I'm nervous, excited, terrified and every emotion in between.

So what does this mean for my blog? Well I'll still be studying design, just 3,500 mies away from where I currently do it! Expect the subject of my posts to remain somewhat similar - although clearly living in the Big Apple is going to become more of a subject than living in London for the next few months! I'll still be writing about graphic design and being a design student as well as a range of other topics but definitely expect my experiences in New York to feature for the rest of this year too. If there's anything you'd particularly like for me to write about while I'm over there, please do let me know! Of course I'll be sharing every cronut, tourist spot and shopping trip on my Instagram, and expect plenty of homesick tweets along the way too!

I've got a busy few weeks ahead of me, trying to prepare for moving half way across the world while also making time to spend with my boyfriend, family and friends before I go (I'm trying not to think too much about the actual goodbye part). It's crazy to think that exactly one year after visiting New York for the first time, I'm going to live there for four whole months. I can't wait to share the ride with you on my blog and social media and I hope you'll enjoy following it!

Follow

Post a Comment